Validation & Qualification
Learn how USDM helped establish a risk-based, phase-appropriate, pragmatic approach for compliance to achieve an audit-ready position in less than 6 weeks.
Full-service computer software, equipment, and processes validation in life sciences regulated environments.
From methodology development through end-user training, USDM ensures that your systems are compliant. Our validation best practices and test automation capabilities significantly decrease your implementation and validation time.
Whether you are still using the traditional Computer System Validation (CSV) approach or ready to take the first steps to a more modern Computer Software Assurance (CSA) approach to improve your quality and efficiency, USDM can help!
Computer System Validation for Life Sciences GxP Environments
USDM has experience qualifying, verifying and validating the myriad systems, equipment and processes that are found in most life sciences GxP environments, both on-prem and cloud-based. Our expertise includes, but is not limited to:
- Blood and Plasma Systems
- Building Management/Environmental Control Systems
- CAPA Systems
- Clinical Systems (CDMS, CTMS, EDC, eTMF, ePRO, IRT)
- Content Management Systems
- Laboratory systems and Equipment (ELN, Freezer Management, LIMS)
- Manufacturing Systems and Equipment
- Process Validation
- Quality Management Systems (LMS, Quality Document Management, QMS)
- Regulatory Publishing and Submissions
- Software as a Medical Device (SAMD)
- UDI & Serialization
Have a question about how we can work with your specific GxP system setup? Fill out our contact form with your system requirements and we can review them.
What is USDM’s Computer System Validation (CSV) methodology?
Our current methodology aligns with GAMP (Good Automated Manufacturing Practice) best practices and includes the following:
- Vendor Audit
- Validation Plan
- Part 11 and Annex 11 Assessments
- Risk and Impact Assessments
- User Requirements and Functional Specification
- IQ/OQ/PQ/UAT Protocols and Test Scripts and Execution Assistance
- Traceability Matrix
- Administration, Use, and Operation SOPs
- Business Process SOPs
- Validation Summary Report
Specific documents and deliverables will depend on GAMP category.
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for your IT, Validation, or GxP Processes
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are written procedures that ensure essential job tasks are performed according to approved procedures. USDM offers two SOP solutions:
Pre-packaged SOP solutions: This includes templates for select IT or Quality processes based on common regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
Support for creating customized SOPs that include the pre-packaged SOPs, plus additional customized or original SOP development to meet your specific needs and intended use cases.
Pre-Packaged SOP Templates
Pre-packaged SOP templates include select IT or Quality processes based on common regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
IT SOP templates and related forms include:
- Change Control
- Security Administration
- Record Retention
- Data Integrity Policy and Procedures
- System Access and Password Control
- System Administration
- Audit Trail Review
- Electronic Signature Policy and Procedure (includes Acknowledgement Form)
- Backup and Restore
- Disaster Recovery
Validation SOP templates and related forms include:
- Computer System Validation (CSV)
- Part 11 Assessment
- Master Validation Plan
- Risk Assessment
- Master Inventory List
- Periodic Review and Assessment of Validated Systems
- Configuration Management
- SDLC for Custom Systems
- Change Management
- Validation documentation templates, including:
- System Validation Plan
- User Requirements Specification
- Functional Requirements Specification
- Risk Assessment Form
- Configuration Specification
- Test Protocols and Test Script
- User Log
- Deviation Form
- Trace Matrix
- Validation Summary Report
- Computer Software Assurance (CSA) templates and related forms include:
- System Life Cycle with coverage for:
- Regulated Systems Governance (4 phases: planning, implementation, production, and retirement)
- Roles and responsibilities aligned with your organization’s capabilities
- IT System Inventory
- CSA approach to initial validation and release management
- Regulatory Applicability Assessment (RAA) Form
- ERES Compliance Assessment Form
- IT Risk Assessment
- IT Change Control for Regulated Systems and form (for GxP and SOX)
- Periodic Review and form
- System Life Cycle with coverage for:
Supporting Process SOP templates include:
- Vendor/Supplier Management Program
- Data Integrity Program
- Risk Management
- Document Management
- Infrastructure Qualification
Customized Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
If your medical device, pharmaceutical, or biotech organization requires a more tailor-made solution, USDM can work with your team to upgrade your quality system. We will review the current state of your SOPs and create new ones to achieve your goals.
Discounted pricing is available for customized SOPs in quantities of 1-5, 6-10, or 10+ to meet your unique business need. Customized SOPs include pre-packaged SOPs.
Additionally, USDM can provide related services such as:
- Computer Software Assurance
- Audits & Assessments
- Quality Management Processes
- GxP Training & Education
- Medical Device UDI & MDR
What SOPs Do I Need?
For start-up and pre-commercial companies, read our best practices approach for implementing and validating your first GxP-regulated IT systems on your journey to commercialization.
For commercialized and larger companies, learn how USDM helped a large medical device manufacturer upgrade their quality system by revising 400 SOPs and generating CND codes to prepare for EUDAMED submissions.
Or read this case study to learn how USDM created standardized processes that saved our customer, a global contract biopharmaceutical manufacturer, over half a million dollars for five sites over two years.
Get in touch with our team to discuss your validation needs.
USDM Cloud Assurance
Cloud Assurance is a managed service that offloads your vendor release management and maintenance of ongoing system updates, patches, and changes to keep you compliant.
Computer Software Assurance
USDM can assess your CSV process and recommend CSA changes based on your quality of documentation, testing, SOPs/WIs, use of automation, performance on audits, and more.
GxP Cloud Platforms
Your success depends on how well you harness cloud technology to enable your workforce to work from anywhere, build platforms that differentiate, and innovate faster.