Learn how USDM helped a pharmaceutical company achieve greater efficiencies in their validation process through a hybrid CSA model for testing
USDM worked in collaboration with a large pharmaceutical company to help update its internal validation processes. This enhanced the efficiencies of the company’s testing activities. With USDM’s expertise and assistance, the company moved away from a CSV model to a new hybrid CSA model.
- A pharmaceutical company focused on research, development, and manufacturing-focused primarily in dermatology, oncology, and specialty injectable therapeutic areas
- The company had a cumbersome CSV process in place for validation
- Their validation processes were time-consuming and required an excessive amount of documentation
- USDM worked in partnership with the company’s internal team to re-work their entire validation structure
- USDM moved the company’s internal processes from a traditional computer system validation (CSV) to a hybrid computer system assurance (CSA) process
- USDM helped the company to recreate internal SOPs and templates to gain efficiencies
- The company significantly reduced the number of scripted tests in their validation processes
- They reduced the amount of time spent documenting procedures, allowing more time for critical testing
- USDM created comprehensive, standardized procedures for the customers’ testing activities and helped train internal teams
“USDM provided a great framework for re-aligning our cumbersome CSV process to adopt the CSA methodology. Their experience and insight on this true risk-based approach really helped shift mindsets from documentation-focused to testing-focused. The draft procedures and tools they collaborated with us on are now the basis for CSV at our company.” – Process & Project Development Engineer
Download our datasheet to continue learning about CSA.